Thursday 19 May 2011

Final Blog!

Hotel Etxegana! What an experience is all I can say! I came in with dozens of expectations and they were all surpassed after a week. I came to this Hotel: 1) having never in my life worked in a kitchen 2) never spoken Spanish. Before I came to this hotel I was used to work that was the complete opposite of what I did here. I think that was something hard for the people at this hotel to understand, but I never complained. Whenever I was yelled at or insulted, it more so helped me to do better and for that I am thankful. I am happy for every single minute that I have been here in Spain, because this is completely different from anything that I have ever done before. Right now, these are the moments I need to take advantage of  because you never know when the opportunity will come again. 

Basque Region is a unique part of the globe. From what I know it borders northeastern Spain and southern France. I can honestly say that a lot of what I have been able to see and experience here were all for the first time. I have been lucky enough to travel to a lot of places around the world, but this trip has showed me that there is just so much more out there for me to see. It makes me despise "Anthony Bourdain" that much more, but he too must have faced many hardships before landing a job traveling the world in the show "No Reservations."

If you have followed from the beginning you have been able to see how my daily routines were on  a busy, slow, and free days. Every minute of it has been an adventure especially in the sense that I was never bored here. My head Chef Mauricio loves to call me out when I don't look motivated or if I'm moving slow, but I think that is more so b/c of the lack of sleep . I have always been up for any challenge that was asked of me at this hotel. Even if I didn't know what it meant, I did my best. I wish there was a way to let the people at  the hotel know that, but I plan to show them with my how hard I work day in and day out until the day I leave. No matter what Mauricio or anyone says about my experience here, I have learned a lot! I cannot wait for what's next in my Culinary Journey and in Life. To think almost 3 years ago I was one step away from applying to Law School and now I'm in Spain enhancing my skills in the art of Gastronomica (as they call it here)! All things happen for a reason and its important to take whatever life gives you and run with it. 

Thank you to all the followers, 

Adios, Agurd, Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment