Tuesday 5 April 2011

Day 1

Just arrived in Spain. It was very hectic today b/c my Spanish is limited, and people don't seem to care if you don't know how to speak the language. Definitely my fault for not utilizing Rosetta Stone as much as I should have, but there is not much I can do now. I'm staying in a house across the street from the hotel. I am literally in the country side. It's beautiful and the air smells fresh. Our car was held up by a herd of sheep earlier, never expected to ever run into that in my life time. I have no TV in my room and my window oversees the hotel. I met the staff today, and they all have limited english if any. They prepared a simple light dinner for me that consisted of lamb cutlets, potato egg pancakes, pastry filled with anchovy and a salad. The Chef is Marucio, he is a nice young guy and I hear he is really talented at what he does. The supervisor is Luis and his assistant is Eric. Hopefully this will help me remember their names. I am writing this blog on the porch outside the hotel and it is now pitch dark and all I've heard for the past hour is an owl hooting competing with a small party of 10 people enjoying a late dinner, or maybe this a regular dinner for them. I will go to sleep soon, and I have to be at the hotel by 8 am. Buenos Noches, I will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment