Saturday 9 April 2011

day 5

Spanish outlets broke my alarm clock! It's OK Mauricio woke me up and then he said "Tu Matar" with an evil smile on his face. So I guess he lives in this big house too! and the two little girls must be his daughters and I'm guessing Paula is their mother. It's all starting to come Together! I ran across the street and told Luis I need to buy a Spanish clock b/c mine doesn't work. He understands and said "Balle"(OK)! He seemed to be in a good mood this morning. Desayunos was just me again, I guess Mauricio fell back asleep after he woke me up! I kept burning the toast and this cast iron skillets sucks, but I have to say the toast taste much better. All the bad toast goes to me, so it's good and bad. Breakfast started later today, maybe b/c it's saturday. So after all the prep was done I had desayunos with Luis, an older (I need to figure out her name, she already told me so I'm afraid to ask), and Eric! No Esther :( She is my best chance at any communication at the table. Eric was telling a story that they all laughed at and then Luis told him to keep it down! Then I heard Eric say and point to me "Balle, No Intiendo!" (It OK, He doesn't understand). Well I understood that Eric! He then explained the story to me in his best English possible and it was kind of funny so I guess it was all good. It went something like this:
"Luis hire new driver. Me no know new driver. New driver come to hotel, I tell him to get out because I no  know who he is, then he tell me he new driver!" They all laughed and I felt obligated to laugh along, but I can see how it was funny I guess. 
Desayunas began, I was once again "Executive Chef!" Luis pretty much had everything going, so things when smoothly. Some people didn't show for breakfast so pretty slow morning I guess. I got everything cleaned for when Mauricio showed up. He was happy everything was in good shape and I actually got to do some cooking today. The Night before Mauricio slow cooked and Oxtail stew. He made with with 4 parts Vino (Wine) and 1 part Agua (water). He also added fresh herbs, carrots, celery, and caramalized red onions!. It smelled and tasted delicious. He told me to remove all the meat off the bone and basically just fell off b/c it had been cooking for so long. After we finished up in the kitchen, there two people that joined us for lunch. Yan and this other girl. They saw my Le Cordon Bleu patch on my uniform and Yan said "Muy Bueno". I got to relax for a little after lunch and now I'm downloading and Ebook. I'm in a rush, so I'll have to get back to you all later. 
Adios!

1 comment:

  1. hola David, buenos dias. como estas? it must be hard to get used to everything around you especially w/ mauricio pushiung yoiu to go at a fast pace. but you seem to be hanging on just fine. i hope that things go great for the rest of the time youre there. and i hope you have a great time at your salsa in bilbao. and by the way "tu matar" means are you dead?

    - Edward Hilo and mom

    ReplyDelete