Thursday 21 April 2011

Top Ten "Mauricio No Gusta!"

I had a few moments before dinner service, so I said what the heck! Why not give you a peek at the things Chef Mauricio does not like or gets angry with when I'm in the kitchen:

10) David No Espagnol:
9) David No Rapido
8) Everytime we drive past a herd of cows or sheep and it smells like Dun, he plugs his nose and says "Oh Daveeed, Bano"
7) Never touch his garbage and always make sure that it is back or emptied by the time he gets back
6) Clean, Clean, Clean
5) Energy, Energy, Energy (Those may be the only 2 words he know in English, and he uses them both very well)
4) Whenever I'm using the wrong tool for the job he will grab what I am using, act like and talk like a girl then he will grab a more efficient tool/ knife and say "Esta es por Chicos, Tu Es Chica!"

*I usually try to hold all my tears for when I get back to my room, but sometimes it's just so hard!
3) He likes to ask me to get things from the Freezer, fridge or Pantry and I have trouble for the most part translating b/c I have never used Spanish in my life. He will usually continue to yell the same thing over and over in hopes that I will run back and forth to the Kitchen with exactly what he needs. From a spectator point of view, I would imagine this would be pretty hilarious, but from my point of view it is absolute mayhem. He will then finish by yelling :"Pincar" (think) or "Memory!" I guess he know more than 2 words in English.
2) "David No Intiendo Espagnol"
The # 1 important thing that helps run a good kitchen is communication, and that is hard to do when you can't communicate. So I again say how the fact that I don't speak Spanish really gets his Jets Burning. I'm learning everyday and hope to be fluent by the time I get back!

and the "# 1 reason Chef Mauricio No Gusta":


1) DON'T YOU EVER, EVER,
EVER,
TOUCH HIS CHEF KNIFE!
I made the mistake of using it once, and I know to never use it ever again! Let's just say I'm lucky to have all my fingers still, haha!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment